Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What is Wrong with Us?



Translating Luke 7:15: "There is nothing  outside a man going into him which is able to defile him, but that which comes out of a man is what defiles the man."  I realized that we have here the fundamental building block for the gospel.  Our Savior raises the dead, zomibes! This is Jesus’ thesis of the nature of the human dilemma.  It is not our environment, or economic situation, we would say, it is what comes out of our fallen human nature that defiles our whole being and pollutes the world.  No wonder the world is a mess it starts in my heart.  The line of human evil is in me.  War, racism and abusive is in me.  Only Jesus can make me clean. Wake up O sleeper rise from the dead.  Jesus speaks life to dead people!

No comments:

Post a Comment